Reynolds Testing Centers provide a proctored testing environment for placement tests, distance courses, program entry, certification, and the like.
Reminders for Testing:
- A government issued photo ID (driver's license, DMV-issued identification card, passport, etc.) or Reynolds photo ID is required. High School IDs cannot be utilized.
- The test proctors will not serve students whose behavior is unprofessional or who refuse to follow directions.
- No children are permitted in the Testing Center during testing sessions. Per College policy, no children under 14 can be left unsupervised anywhere in the building.
- No food or drink, cell phones, Bluetooths, PDAs, jump/flash/thumb drives or IPods, smart watches, backpacks, purses, laptops or other non-testing material allowed in the testing area. Lockers are available for storage of items while students test.
- Students who need to utilize specialized equipment for testing, please complete the Request for Service form from the Office of Student Accommodations.
- If you are taking the Virginia Placement Test, it is strongly encouraged you review your math, reading, and writing skills by using the VPT-English study guide and the VPT-Math study guide. These tests determine whether you place into college level courses and may impact how quickly you progress through your program.
- Distance students must bring a current test ticket in order to be seated. Students who do not have a test ticket will be directed to a campus computer lab or library to print one out, thereby losing their place in line. At the Parham Road Campus, there is not an available computer lab or library during Saturday testing hours. Testing Center computers cannot be used to print test tickets.
- Please note that the College has a pay-to-print system. If you do not have a Reynolds Equitrac Print Card, you will need to purchase one to print. This process is cash only. You will need a minimum of two American one-dollar bills. The Equitrac Pay Stations are located in the Academic Computer Labs and the libraries on each campus. Students must present their Reynolds student ID to use the Academic Computer Lab. Information about the printing process can be found on the library website.
- Testing is done on a walk-in basis at the Downtown and Parham Road Campus Testing Centers.
- Check the testing center hours. Testing hours are limited on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Due to the high volume of testing, especially on Saturdays and during finals, midterms, and summer placement testing, there can be a wait before students are seated. Students are encouraged to arrive to the Testing Centers early during these busy times.
- For students taking the FLATS (Foreign Language Achievement Test), follow these directions.