Student Orientation, Advising & Registration (SOAR)
Welcome to Reynolds!
If you're a new student for spring semester 2020, you can attend a SOAR (new Student Orientation, Advising & Registration) session to get ready for spring classes. The spring semester starts on January 13, 2020.
All SOAR sessions are full. To be advised for spring semester, please go to one of our Advising Offices. An advisor will help you determine what classes to take and inform you about whether you need any placement testing:
- The 105 at the Downtown Campus
- 100 Georgiadis Hall at the Parham Road Campus
- Main Building at the Goochland Campus
For Students who are registered for SOAR:
Students should arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start time to check in and receive materials for the day. Check-in table locations for SOAR students:
- Downtown Campus: 2nd floor lobby
- Goochland Campus: lobby of the main building
- Parham Road Campus: first floor lobby of the Massey Library Technology Center Building
Parking for SOAR students:
- Downtown Campus: use the Reynolds parking deck, which is attached to the building. Bring your parking ticket to the check-in table for validation so you do not have to pay on the way out. Please do not use the gravel lots across the street or the VCU parking deck; we cannot validate parking for those lots.
- Goochland Campus: Park in the lot in front of the main building.
- Parham Road Campus: Park in front of the Massey Library Technology Center and go through the front doors to the check in table.
Questions? Contact us at 804-523-5155 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ONLINE ORIENTATION DIRECTIONS:
Students should watch the online orientation before SOAR. It provides useful information about placement testing, the types of degrees you can get at Reynolds, financial aid, and tutoring.
View the New Student Online Orientation by setting up a Go2Reynolds account here. The Go2Reynolds account is different from your MyReynolds account; you will not use your MyReynolds username and password for this. You will create a new username and password for the Go2Reynolds account.
Other Useful Information:
Students taking classes to transfer to their home institution should complete a transient student form. Attendance at SOAR is not required for transient students. If you will be a high school student in spring 2020 and in our Dual Enrollment program, you do not need to attend SOAR to take spring classes.