New Student Orientation
Student Orientation, Advising and Registration (SOAR)
Welcome to Reynolds Community College!
We want to help you get started at Reynolds by providing important information to guide you from the application process to attending your first class.
If you have not applied to Reynolds yet, get started here.
If you need help completing your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), attend a workshop.
Please follow these two steps to get registered for fall classes:
- Some students will have a high school transcript hold on their account. This hold cannot be removed until an official high school transcript is received. After it is received, students can register for classes.
- Our advisors need placement results to advise you properly. Students need to take placement tests or submit other documentation for a placement waiver, such as high school transcripts or SAT scores. For more information waivers, go to the testing center website.
2. View the required New Student Online Orientation by setting up a Go2Reynolds account here. The Go2Reynolds account is different from your MyReynolds account so you will not use your MyReynolds username and password for Go2Reynolds. You can create your own! For Go2Reynolds:
- Click on Create Account
- Enter the required information
- Create your own password
- You can return to this account as often as you like to view all of the video options on the student dashboard, including videos on how to succeed in college.
- New students are required to view online orientation videos. In them you will learn about different degree options, campus resources such as tutoring and the Career, Employment and Transfer Office, and financial aid.
Here is a short video overview of the online orientation and checklist.