Student Orientation, Advising & Registration (SOAR)
Welcome to Reynolds!
During SOAR, you will:
- Learn how to navigate your MyREYNOLDS account
- Have the opportunity to speak with a financial aid representative
- Be advised and receive a set of recommended classes for fall semester
- Create your fall schedule
- Discover free services like tutoring, student accommodations, and how to get involved in campus activities
Before attending SOAR complete the new student online orientation and review the pre-orientation checklist. Make sure you complete the checklist BEFORE you attend your on-campus SOAR session. It is critical you complete the placement test or, if eligible, complete the process to waive the placement test BEFORE you attend SOAR in person. For many of our programs, you cannot complete your class schedule without getting placed.
Check out the dates below and sign up for one that fits your schedule. You can sign up for a SOAR date by clicking on an available date in the calendar below or by going to the link in the checklist. We recommend using Google Chrome or Internet Explorer as your browser. Pop-ups must be allowed. If you have problems with the form, contact email@example.com.
Once you have signed up for a SOAR date, check your Reynolds email often for important messages.
Students who plan to study Culinary Arts should sign up for a SOAR date when Chef Miller will be present: July 19, July 26, or July 31.
Questions? Click here.
ONLINE ORIENTATION DIRECTIONS:
Students should watch the online orientation before SOAR. It provides useful information about placement testing, the types of degrees you can get at Reynolds, financial aid, and tutoring.
View the New Student Online Orientation by setting up a Go2Reynolds account here. The Go2Reynolds account is different from your MyReynolds account; you will not use your MyReynolds username and password for this. You will create a new username and password for the Go2Reynolds account.
Other Useful Information:
Students taking classes to transfer to their home institution should complete a transient student form. Attendance at SOAR is not required for transient students. If you will be a high school student next year (2019-20) and in our Dual Enrollment program, you do not need to attend SOAR.
If you want to start classes this summer, see an advisor in one of our Enrollment Services offices.
Check-in table locations for SOAR students:
- Downtown Campus: 2nd floor lobby
- Parham Road Campus: first floor lobby of the Massey Building
Parking for SOAR students:
- Downtown Campus: use the Reynolds parking deck, which is attached to the building. Bring your parking ticket to the check-in table for validation so you do not have to pay on the way out. Please do not use the gravel lots across the street or the VCU parking deck; we cannot validate parking for those lots.
- Parham Road Campus: Park in front of the Massey Library Technology Center and go through the front doors to the check in table.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 804-523-5155.