New Student Orientation
Student Orientation, Advising and Registration (SOAR)
Welcome to Reynolds Community College!
We want to help you get started at Reynolds by providing important information to guide you from the application process to attending your first class.
If you have not applied to Reynolds yet, get started here.
After you apply, please follow these two steps to get registered for fall classes:
1. View the required New Student Online Orientation by setting up a Go2Reynolds account here.
2. After you complete the New Student Online Orientation, see the on-campus orientation dates below and sign up for SOAR (Student Orientation Advising and Registration) here.
You will not be able to register for classes until you view online orientation and attend SOAR. At SOAR, we will remove the hold on your student account and help you register.
Here is a short video overview of the online orientation and checklist.
How to create an account at Go2Reynolds:
- At Go2Reynolds, click on "Create Account"
- After you create an account, you will see your Go2Reynolds dashboard, which contains several videos:
- Enrollment Checklist - While you view this, you can submit questions and a dedicated Reynolds staff member will get back to you with an answer. You may return to the Enrollment Checklist as often as you want.
- Required New Student Orientation
- CDL 001 (required for students taking distance learning or online classes).
- Sexual Violence Awareness and Prevention
Sign up for a SOAR session.
- Plan to stay at SOAR for 3-4 hours
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- Bring a photo ID
- You may bring up to 2 guests
- You must sign up for a date in order to attend
2017 SOAR Dates
- Evening sessions start at 6 p.m. and end at approximately 9 p.m.
- Friday morning sessions start at 9 a.m. and end at approximately noon.
- Friday afternoon sessions start at 2 p.m. and end at approximately 5 p.m.
- Goochland sessions start at 4 p.m. and end at approximately 7 p.m.
|Wednesday, June 21||5:15 p.m. - 5:50 p.m.||PRC|
|Wednesday, June 28||5:15 p.m. - 5:50 p.m.||DTC|
|Wednesday, July 12||5:15 p.m. - 5:50 p.m.||PRC|
|Friday, July 14||8:15 a.m. - 8:50 a.m.||PRC|
|Friday, July 14||1:15 p.m. - 1:50 p.m.||PRC|
|Monday, July 17||3:30 p.m. - 3:55 p.m.||GC*|
|Wednesday, July 19||5:15 p.m. - 5:50 p.m||PRC|
|Friday, July 21||8:15 a.m. - 8:50 a.m.||PRC|
|Friday, July 21||1:15 p.m. - 1:50 p.m.||PRC|
|Tuesday, July 25||3:30 p.m. - 3:55 p.m.||GC*|
|Wednesday, July 26||5:15 p.m. - 5:50 p.m.||PRC|
|Friday, July 28||8:15 a.m. - 8:50 a.m.||DTC|
|Friday, July 28||1:15 p.m. - 1:50 p.m.||DTC|
|Wednesday, August 2||5:15 p.m. - 5:50 p.m.||PRC|
|Friday, August 4||8:15 a.m. - 8:50 a.m.||DTC|
|Friday, August 4||1:15 p.m. - 1:50 p.m.||DTC|
|Wednesday, August 9||5:15 p.m. - 5:50 p.m.||PRC|
|Friday, August 11||8:15 a.m. - 8:50 a.m.||DTC|
|Friday, August 11||1:15 p.m. - 1:50 p.m.||DTC|
*Goochland Campus SOAR sessions are for students in Goochland-specific programs: Automotive, Diesel Mechanics, Floral Design, Hybrid and Electric Vehicle Technology, Sustainable Agriculture, Welding, Horticulture
Check-in table locations:
Parham Road Campus (PRC): Lobby of the Massey Library Technology Center
Downtown Campus (DTC): 1st floor lobby
Goochland Campus (GC): 1st floor lobby
At SOAR you will:
- Receive a set of recommended classes for your academic program from an advisor
- Learn how to navigate your MyReynolds account
- Take a brief tour of campus
- Receive help from Student Ambassadors in creating your fall schedule
- Acquire information about Reynolds services such as tutoring, accommodations, and getting involved in campus activities.
Questions? Contact email@example.com