Student Orientation, Advising & Registration (SOAR)
Welcome to Reynolds!
If you're a new student for spring semester 2020, you can attend a SOAR (new Student Orientation, Advising & Registration) session to get ready for spring classes. The spring semester starts on January 13, 2020.
During SOAR, you will:
- Learn how to navigate your MyREYNOLDS account
- Have the opportunity to speak with a financial aid representative
- Be advised and receive a set of recommended classes for the semester
- Create your spring schedule
- Learn about free services like tutoring, student accommodations, and how to get involved in campus activities
Register to attend a SOAR session by completing the registration form. You will be able to choose from one of the following dates:
- Friday, November 8 at the Parham Road Campus from 9 a.m. to approximately 12 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 20 at the Downtown Campus from 6 p.m. to approximately 9 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 4 at the Goochland Campus from 2:30 p.m. to approximately 5:30 p.m.
- Friday, December 6 at the Downtown Campus from 9 a.m. to approximately 12 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 11 at the Parham Road Campus from 6 p.m. to approximately 9 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 8 at the Downtown Campus from 6 p.m. to approximately 9 p.m.
- Friday, January 10 at the Parham Road Campus from 9 a.m. to approximately 12 p.m.
Students should arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start time to check in and receive materials for the day. Check-in table locations for SOAR students:
- Downtown Campus: 2nd floor lobby
- Goochland Campus: lobby of the main building
- Parham Road Campus: first floor lobby of the Massey Library Technology Center Building
Parking for SOAR students:
- Downtown Campus: use the Reynolds parking deck, which is attached to the building. Bring your parking ticket to the check-in table for validation so you do not have to pay on the way out. Please do not use the gravel lots across the street or the VCU parking deck; we cannot validate parking for those lots.
- Goochland Campus: Park in the lot in front of the main building.
- Parham Road Campus: Park in front of the Massey Library Technology Center and go through the front doors to the check in table.
Questions? Contact us at 804-523-5155 or email@example.com.
ONLINE ORIENTATION DIRECTIONS:
Students should watch the online orientation before SOAR. It provides useful information about placement testing, the types of degrees you can get at Reynolds, financial aid, and tutoring.
View the New Student Online Orientation by setting up a Go2Reynolds account here. The Go2Reynolds account is different from your MyReynolds account; you will not use your MyReynolds username and password for this. You will create a new username and password for the Go2Reynolds account.
Other Useful Information:
Students taking classes to transfer to their home institution should complete a transient student form. Attendance at SOAR is not required for transient students. If you will be a high school student in spring 2020 and in our Dual Enrollment program, you do not need to attend SOAR to take spring classes.