To be eligible for a refund of tuition and fees, students must drop classes they do not wish to take by the published drop deadline. Refunds are processed after the Last Day to Drop with a Refund (see the Academic Calendar) and take up to three weeks to be received.
Refunds for drops for special session courses (shorter or longer course duration and/or offered at times other than the published semester begin date) will be permitted through the first 15% of the course length. Students should verify the refund deadline for such courses at an Enrollment Services office and ensure their mailing address on file with Reynolds is accurate.
How to get your refund
Reynolds has contracted with Tuition Management Service (TMS) to process financial aid and certain tuition refunds to students electronically. Reynolds is excited to provide students with the opportunity to select their preferred refund disbursement method and get their refund FAST, in as little as a few business days with the Reynolds Visa Prepaid Educatecard (Reloadable Debit Card) or Direct Deposit into your personal bank account.
At the start of each term, all new students and current students who are not already registered on the Reynolds Refund Disbursement Portal will receive an email inviting them to register and select one of the refund disbursement options listed below. Even if you do not anticipate receiving a financial aid disbursement or tuition refund, setting up your refund disbursement preference is recommended. You only need to setup your preference once for all future terms and you may change your preference at any time. We encourage you to sign-up early so your refund disbursement won't be delayed.
Student data requirements for the Prepaid Card program:
- Total number of students with a prepaid account that were enrolled during the award year: 518
- Mean amount of fees charged to students during the award year: $15.43
- Median amount of fees charged to students during the award year: $9.00
- Total invoice amount paid to TMS for the Refund program: $5,346.50
What are your choices?
- Reynolds Visa Prepaid Educatecard (Reloadable Debit Card) - Funds are available days after you see the refund processed on your SIS account.* This card may be used wherever Visa Prepaid Debit Cards are accepted.
- Direct Deposit (ACH) - Funds are deposited directly into your personal bank account days after refunds are processed*
*Certain state grants and tuition refunds may take an additional 3-5 business days (listed below). A business day is considered to be Monday through Friday.
Please note: If you paid your tuition with a credit or debit card using QuikPAY and are due a refund, your tuition refund will be issued back to the card that was originally used for payment.
If you select the Reynolds Visa Prepaid Educatecard (Reloadable Debit Card) to receive your refund disbursements, you must follow certain rules to ensure you are not charged any fees. Visit the Reynolds Visa Prepaid Educatecard site to view the card fees information and see how to use the card for free.
Please log in to the Reynolds Student Information System (SIS) via myReynolds and verify that your mailing address, name and date of birth are correct. Date of birth and the myReynolds login ID are used to authenticate users when you register on the Reynolds Refund Disbursement Portal. If needed, you must contact the Reynolds Admissions and Records Office to update your name and date of birth.
Future Refund Disbursements
Once you receive your initial Visa Prepaid Debit Card, please retain it. Any future refund disbursements from Reynolds Community College will be loaded on the original card.
Replacement Cards - Lost and Stolen Cards
If your Reynolds Visa Prepaid Educatecard (Reloadable Debit Card) is lost or stolen you should contact TMS or visit the Reynolds Visa Prepaid Educatecard website immediately to have your card deactivated. Reynolds cannot be held responsible for lost or stolen cards. TMS charges a $9.00 replacement card fee at the time of ordering a replacement card.
- Visit the Reynolds Visa Prepaid Educatecard website
- Sign-in and follow the on-screen instructions
- Or, contact TMS customer care at (888) 425-1138
Reynolds Visa Prepaid Educatecard (Reloadable Debit Card) is a part of the Allpoint network. Use the ATM locator to find fee free ATMs that are off-campus. ATMs are installed on all three campuses, but students may use the debit card at other ATM’s within the Allpoint network and wherever Visa Prepaid Debit cards are accepted.
Students may also use the Reynolds Visa Prepaid Educatecard (Reloadable Debit Card) at any Virginia Credit Union (VACU) ATM with no surcharge or service fee from VACU.
- Parham Road Campus
- VACU ATM: Burnette Hall Commons area (Monday - Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 10 p.m. Saturday: 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
- VACU Drive-thru ATM Loop on Sanctuary Drive (24 hour access)
- Downtown Campus
- VACU ATM: 1st Floor Lobby next to the Security Stand (Monday - Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 10 p.m. Saturday: 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
- Goochland Campus
- Allpoint ATM: Main Building (pending)
Please Note: During the disbursement period each term, ATMs on campus may be very busy. Students are encouraged to use the debit card at other ATM’s within the Allpoint or VACU network and wherever Visa Prepaid Debit cards are accepted.