School of Mathematics, Science, and Engineering
Math Coaching and Support
Math doesn't have to be scary
Whether you need help with a single homework assignment or ongoing support through the completion of your courses, Math Central coaches are there to provide important tools for success and to cheer you on.
Math Central Instructional Coaches provide support for:
- Developmental Courses
- Fundamental Courses
- College-level Courses
- Assistance with MyMathLab (MML) software registration
- Advising and registration for math courses and Wiley Plus software registration
*Help Sessions Fall 2016
Downtown Campus - room 432
Parham Road Campus – Room 112, Brookside Hall
Monday - Thursday
9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Friday - Saturday
9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
*Changes in operational hours/location will be posted on the door as needed.
Math Central Contacts:
Mrs. Victory, Downtown Room 658 (phone: 523-5538)
Daniel Westfall, Parham (Brookside Hall) Room 112 (phone: 523-5525)
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Earn a free course!
Ask your coach how you can receive a free college-level course by completing Math Central criteria. Learn More
About our coaches
Our coaches often hear students say "I just can't do math." But Math Central coaches are not only knowledgeable, they are great mentors who lead by example. Students often develop close friendships with their coaches and feel convinced that they can, indeed, "do math." Math Central offers private and group coaching sessions.
Peer coaches are students that have completed a college level mathematics course and have been recommended by our instructors to work in Math Central. Our peer coaches work directly with students by helping them with course content and mentoring them to become better prepared mathematics students.
Contact Math Central for help with the following FAQ's
- Which MTE class should I take?
- How do I tell if this a lecture class?
- What is the difference between a lecture class, a partial lecture class, a computer only class, and a distance class?
- How do I get help registering for MyMathLab (MML)?
- What do I do if I forgot my MML password?
- What happens if I don’t purchase a MML kit?
- Do I really need to purchase a textbook?
- My temporary MML account has expired. What do I do next?
- Where can I go for help with my homework?
- How will I know if I passed my MTE class?
- If I do not pass my current MTE class do I go to the next class on my schedule?
*Schedule subject to change Effective 8/22/2016