Department of Police
The J. Sargeant Reynolds Police Department uses the community-policing model to create partnerships with student, faculty, and staff. We recognize the importance of partnerships and collaboration with our college community members, by way of problem-solving, communication and customer service. We will apply the best practices in emergency management for the safety and protection of our community.
To afford our college community the opportunity to learn, teach, and succeed in a safe learning and working environment.
Report a Crime
Have a crime to report? Contact any campus Department of Police or visit fill out this online form.
Text Message Alerts
Sign up to receive a text message and email alerts about campus emergencies and inclement weather closings at alert.reynolds.edu.
Click the image above to enter the VLEPSC and Emergency Preparedness (#GetReadyVA) page.
Welcome back students!
The Reynolds Police is a professional, fully accredited police agency with state certified police officers. But we are so much more. Can we help you with?
- Issuing you a parking permit
- Getting your college ID
- Unlocking your vehicle if you get locked out
- Jumping your car if your battery is dead
- Arranging shuttle service between downtown and PRC
- Safety escorts
- Teaching self-defense to women (R.A.D.)
- Any situation that makes you uncomfortable
- Information about drugs and alcohol issues
- Schedule for our drunk driving simulator
- Answering your safety questions
Have a great semester.